Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Because You Ascribe To New York Magazine

While waiting for my psychiatrist appointment this afternoon, my eyes wandered over to the "free" magazines in which I decided to "borrow" the new issue of New York based on its cover story: "How the Recessions May Change the City for Better or Worse."

I usually refrain from reading New York as it only serves to pat on the back the pretentious/materialistic/think they know something about art/culture people from the Midwest who have moved to Manhattan. I was not let down by this cover story. The author argues that the recession is a good thing for New York, because hey, volunteering is up and all crimes are down. Maybe that's because there are no paying jobs and no one can afford a gun or a lead pipe.

She also mentioned that the people who get laid off deserved it for being lazy. Oh really? Honey let me remind you, you are writing for New York, not The New Yorker...Also the last recession provided us with Marc Jacob's Grunge line! Wow...I can not wait. Oh, but my clothes already have holes in them...

The unemployed will feel liberated!...More like infuriated.

No comments:

Post a Comment