Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Because Duane Reade & Your Doctor Are Conspiring Against You


There is nothing I love doing more than arguing with the pharmacists at Duane Reade and the receptionists at my psychiatrist's office. My doctor wrote three very important prescriptions for me on ANOTHER doctor's pad by mistake. Duane Reade didn't recognize the name, and noted that it is highly illegal to fill prescriptions written by a doctor on another doctor's pad. Can you see my rage building?!

After two hours of back and forth phone conversations where each party said they could not do anything until they heard from the other, I took the remaining pills I had and downed them. The outcome is still yet to be seen. Duane Reade said they would move ahead and fill it in an hour, but I find that highly doubtful as no one speaks English and they can't spell Nicole without an H.

No comments:

Post a Comment