Monday, April 20, 2009

Because Shitheads Steal

I have unfortunately been the victim of theft several times over the past few years: unemployed men stealing $20s from the stash of emergency cash I used to keep in my closet, one night stands claiming they have never seen the gold Italien bracelet I forgot on their nightstand, not to mention the loads of dignity and self-respect taken from me for good.

But now things are reaching a new level-the medicine cabinet. I have insomnia -the I can't stay asleep kind and Sunday as I reached for my bottle of Ambien CR to take with me to my parent's house, I noticed there was a vacancy on the middle shelf. Are people that hard up that they have to steal sleep aids now? Or worse, was it taken out of my purse the night before by some frat monkey who wanted to drug me with it? A one month supply costs $60 with insurance and it would be really nice to sleep. If these posts are bitter lately, it's because I haven't been sleeping, the perils of being broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment