Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Because of International Taxes on Flights

I was offered a sweet deal from my co-author and bestie here, Erin. A week in St. Marteen at a private villa with a kidney-shaped pool and lounge chairs that make me want to throw this office chair out the window (see earlier post). I have a nice little credit from Continental when they overcharged me for something, so I figured, wow I can afford to leave my house! Wrong!

The flight was only $238, but then those Dutch tacked on a $100 International tax. Now I have to get a second job. I applied online at American Apparel and they asked me to submit three photos. I found this highly degrading, but am thankful that DrivebyBoredom.com had some shots of me in their clothing in various positions for me to submit.

I also spent the morning applying for random jobs on Craig's List, one of which included attending a commerical shoot for a cocktail commerical that required no talking, just drinking--my perfect night out.

I have also applied to watch children. You can sense my desparation...but I don't care what it takes, I will be out on that beach with Erin and we will be frolicking, frolicking, damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment