Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Because You Gave Money To Obese Children

Now there are not many people I adore more in this world more than my friend Kevin. Besides being very handsome (and single-ladies?), he is also an incredible runner and athlete, so last year when he was training for the New York City Marathon, it was inconceivable for me NOT to donate towards his slot. It was only after I had debited my $40 did I realize that the money went to obese children in New York City.

I am a very charitable person. I have dated and sheltered many unemployed and (in some form) disabled men throughout my short time on this earth, so giving is not the problem. Have you ever seen an obese child in New York City? No, you have not. And if you did, why would these children need more money? For McDonald's, after-school snacks? Not on my dime! Last I heard exercising in the park was free! I played kickball in a concrete court. Now you may say, well it's not the kid's fault, it's the parents. I completely agree and being that the money can not go directly to someone under 18, that only proves my point on this scam.

I donated this money last year obviously, but now since it's tax time I also learned the fabulous news that I did not donate enough money for it to be tax-deductable. Isn't that fabulous? Next year I plan to be at the marathon with Slim Fast bars...

No comments:

Post a Comment